Saturday, March 21, 2015

Castlerigg Stone Circle remembered

One of the advantages of painting over photography is you don't have to be there to record an image!
The last time I was here was oh so many years ago, but years don't matter here nothing changes except the sky and the stones slowly sinking into the earth.
 
Castlerigg stone circle in Cumbria is without doubt my favourite, it out shines Stonehenge, which to me is naught but a tourist attraction now.

This circle stands on a plateau surrounded by ancient Cumbrian peaks, alone with nothing but the wind and the ravens calling for company.

It takes your breath away.
I hope I have done it justice.

Alan
ps The scanner cut off a bit of the left side!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Alan! A place that I would love to visit. Love the teeny, tiny birds:)

    ReplyDelete